I. Introduction to the College
The College of Smart Energy (CSE) is an integrated education platform and special zone jointly built by Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU) and State Power Investment Company (SPIC). The CSE is committed to exploring a new development mode of China-style industry-education integration and promoting unification, fusion and mutual complementation of talents, intelligence, technology, capital, management and other resources in education and industry. The CSE also serves as a new engine for university-enterprise development of high quality and supports China's carbon peaking and carbon neutrality goals by technology and talents.
II. Admission Plan
III. Training Mode and Study Duration
Full-time International Professional Master Program students adopt the full-time study, joint training and double tutorial system (university supervisor and enterprise supervisor). Generally, the intended supervisor is determined by mutual selection between university supervisors, enterprise supervisors and students around weeks after enrollment. The length of Full-time Professional Master Program is 2.5 years. For students who fail to complete their studies on time, the length of study can be extended to 3.5 years at most after the application is approved.
The following are general requirements for application to SJTU International Graduate Programs.
1. Non-Chinese citizen.
2. Good health both physically and mentally.
3. Outstanding academic performance and potential.
4. Bachelor’s degree for master program applicants.
5. Proficiency in Chinese and/or English. For details please refer to Language Requirement for SJTU International Graduate Programs (https://isc.sjtu.edu.cn/EN/content.aspx?info_lb=185&flag=2).
V. IMPORTANT DATES
Note: Beijing Time
VI. How to Apply
Step 1: Complete the Online Application
Complete and submit an online application at Study@SJTU (http://isc.sjtu.edu.cn/) before the application deadline. If you wish to apply for the scholarship at the same time, please complete the application before the scholarship deadline.
Step 2: Pay the Application Fee
The application fee is RMB 800 (approx. USD 120), non-refundable and non-transferable. Payment must be made in RMB or USD. You can choose online payment or bank transfer in the online application system.
VII. Materials to Prepare
1. Degree certificates, in scanned files. Applicants who have not graduated by the time of application are required to provide an official letter from their current university stating the expected graduation date.
2. Transcripts, in scanned files. Master’s program applicants are required to submit undergraduate transcripts.
3. Proof of language proficiency.（pls see Language Requirement for SJTU International Graduate Programs）
4. Scanned copy of passport.
5. Passport-size photo.
6. Personal statement and study plan.
7. Two letters of academic recommendation from scholars who are associate professors or above, or senior professionals in a related academic field. Please follow the instructions on the online system for submission of online recommendation letters or upload the recommendation letters with original signatures.
Note: If your documents are not in English or Chinese, please have them translated into either English or Chinese by an authorized translation agency. Then upload both the translated and original documents onto the application system.
Basically, for incoming international graduate students, there are two channels for scholarship application: through Shanghai Jiao Tong University or through Chinese Embassies/Consulates in the home country. Applicants may choose only one application channel. Replicated applications through more than one channel are not allowed.
1. How to Apply
a. Apply for scholarships through SJTU
Starting from 2023, scholarships for Master programs will consist of: CSC/SGS Scholarship, SJTU Scholarship, School/College Scholarship. Details of each scholarship will be on the application system.
When applying at http://apply.sjtu.edu.cn/ applicants should choose “apply for scholarship through SJTU”and follow the steps online. Applicants should complete the scholarship application procedures in time according to the requirements of the university.
The earlier an applicant completes the application, the sooner he/she will receive an offer of admission and scholarship if the review result from the university is positive. Applicants can check the scholarship result through the application system.
Please note that applicants applying for Chinese Government Scholarship through SJTU are required to submit their applications before the specified deadline and upload the Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (filled in and downloaded from https://www.campuschina.org/). If not recommended as a CSC Scholarship candidate, the applicant will be automatically assessed for the SGS Scholarship, or SJTU Scholarship.
b. Apply for scholarships through Chinese Embassies/Consulates in the home country
Applicants may also apply to the Chinese Embassies/Consulates in the home country for scholarship opportunities. The application schedule varies from country to country (usually from November to April).
Please consult the Chinese Embassy/Consulate about its application schedule, eligibility, requirements, procedures, documents, agency number, program category type and so on in advance. For the contact information of Chinese Embassies/Consulates, please visit the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People’s Republic of China at http://www.fmprc.gov.cn/mfa_eng/.
Please note that applicants who apply for scholarships through Chinese Embassy/Consulates must also apply on the website of the University.
2. Important Notes:
In general, scholarships duration cannot be extended.
All scholarship recipients are obliged to participate in the annual scholarship review in April and/or May which will confirm their scholarship status in the next academic year.
Staff: An Fangqi
Address: Room 509, Comprehensive Building , 665 Jianchuan Road, Shanghai, 200240, China
Application Website: http://apply.sjtu.edu.cn/
1. The GRE Designated Institution Code of SJTU is 2129.
2. The TOEFL Designated Institution Code of SJTU is B902.